Business Meeting of Virginia’s United Land Trusts, September 20, 2019
Business Meeting of Virginia’s United Land Trusts, Contemporary Topics in VA Land Conservation
Firnew Farm, 19 Wolftown-Hood Road Hood, VA 22723
Friday, September 20, 2019, 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
RSVP VaULT September 20 Business Meeting
9:30-10, Coffee and mingle
10:00: Welcome, Introductions, Comments from the VaULT Board of Directors
- Ryan Brown, Director, Department of Game and Inland Fisheries, Q&A
- Josh Saks, Deputy Secretary of Natural Resources, Office of Outdoor Recreation Update
- Clinch Highlands Easement (TNC & VDOF), Background: TNC Webinar
Building Our Capacity:
- What educational topics are our top priorities? (building on success and suggestions from June Easement Drafting Session)
- Notes from the Field, share recent successes, failures, concerns, or lessons learned
- Relevance in Our Work and Our Communication, Dave Perry, Blue Ridge Land Conservancy
Lunch, Please bring your lunch. Lunch will NOT be provided and there are not easily accessible places to purchase lunch.
State and Federal Policy:
- 2020 is a budget year, Nikki Rovner, The Nature Conservancy
- Chesapeake Bay Restoration Plan, Land conservation’s role
- NRCS Easements, Diane Dunaway, USDA NRCS
- Heirs Property Workgroup
The story of Firnew Farm, Trish and David Crowe
1:30-2:30/3, Farm tour
Please note: Please dress comfortably. Coffee and water will be available. Please bring your reusable cup. Please bring your lunch. Lunch will NOT be provided and there are not easily accessible places to purchase lunch. There is cell coverage. There is NO Wifi.
Mark your calendars:
- VA Delegation at Rally, 6-8pm, Oct. 18, The Pit Authentic BBQ, Please click here to RSVP.
- VCN Lobby Day/VaULT Annual Meeting, January 28, 2020
- Land Conservation & Greenways Conference, Harrisonburg, April 26-29, 2020
The post Business Meeting of Virginia’s United Land Trusts, September 20, 2019 appeared first on Virginia United Land Trusts.